Executive Director Position (Download Executive Director Job Description)
Helping Hands Respite Center (HHRC) is seeking an Executive Director who is deeply committed to our mission, and who will enhance HHRC through positive leadership.
Helping Hands Respite Care is a successful 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization located in East Lansing and has been serving the Greater Lansing area for over 36 years. The mission of Helping Hands is to create an engaging, inclusive, and vibrant community where seniors, people with differing abilities, veterans, and their families feel loved, respected, and supported. Our vision is to be a leading partner in aging and disability professional care where all families stay together and enjoy every stage of life.
Helping Hands gives seniors, veterans and people with different abilities a home away from home they will look forward to. Whether they’re attending our community center or engaging in home care, we create a fun, vibrant atmosphere that will enrich, engage and challenge them, while giving their families and loved ones the education and support they need to keep the family together stress-free. We are committed to addressing the physical, cognitive, emotional and social needs of those we serve through integrated therapeutic activities and focus on the individual and their care network, including family caregivers. There’s nothing more important than keeping the people you love in the home they love for as long as possible. Helping Hands is here to help people do that.
This position requires an excellent manager and problem-solver who understands what is needed to create an efficient administrative foundation for the organization. The Executive Director will be the face of and ambassador for our organization and will work closely with HHRC families, supporters, the Board of Directors, state and county agencies, government officials, and the public.
The Executive Director will provide leadership in administration, program development, and fundraising. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and the Director will work closely with the Board on all aspects of the organization. The Executive Director will ensure that staff are aligned with the agency’s mission and that all are working together to accomplish strategic objectives.
The Executive Director will:
- Work in conjunction with the Board of Directors, establish a strategic plan for HHRC, and implement the steps required to ensure HHRC’s success;
- Provide analysis, oversight and execution of both short-term and long-term strategic financial goals for the organization;
- Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization;
- Lead, motivate, and foster sound working relationships with all staff and work toward continually building positive employee engagement;
- Create and demonstrate a culture of honesty, transparency, and communication throughout the organization;
- Develop positive relationships with key stakeholders, including clients and families, donors and sponsors, Board members, and government agencies;
- Oversee budgeting, cost management, financial projections, allocations, and operations;
- Serve as the primary public spokesperson for HHRC and its mission;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the media and promote the services and branding of HHRC to a variety of constituencies, including community, state, and federal agencies.
Qualifications and skills
- Experience in program development and management
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role
- Previous non-profit experience as an operating executive or board member
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and to create an efficient administrative foundation
- Significant board development, fundraising, marketing, and fiscal management experience
- An interest and ability to work with the Benevon fundraising model
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
Compensation and Benefits: Will be based upon regional standards for non-profit organizations as they pertain to our organization’s size and budget, and in consideration of relevant experience.
Via email, please submit your resume and a cover letter addressed to the Search Committee at: email@example.com
HHRC is an equal opportunity employer.